Everything is done at night, haven’t you heard of the magic of the night Why are you trying to do it from when you are a high school student? First, I should play hard to get. I should appeal that I am not an easy guy. That doesn’t even make sense! You learned it all wrong! Because I taught myself. How many intimate relationships have you had? I started it since I was a kid So I can’t really give a definite answer. Twice? Oh, what if he sees this? I have to count it. It doesn’t make sense. About.. five times? Is it a lot? It’s a lot, we’re still young. – Something that I really feel like it was a date?
– A real official date? Then I have zero. I have about three. 26 days.. The longest relationship was 26 or 27 days. From the grown-ups’ perspective, it’s not a relationship at all. Because my relationships never exceed a month. If all these count, then I have had about seven. Today’s topic will be “Dates and intimate relationships of teenagers.” How do you start seeing each other? I don’t think kids in my age have that ambiguous period. Just three or four days of obscure flirting? And then I just ask her out and that’s it. So we date, and then we break up, I think we repeat this cycle a lot in high school. I usually get asked out a lot. Usually through my friend, He says “This person wants to be friends with you” Also through Kakaotalk or DM’s And Facebook messages these days. I really get a lot of Facebook messages. My current boyfriend, I started to date him as soon as I knew him, Before, the seeing-someone period was a little longer than the actual dating period. Maybe that period was too long, that’s why our relationship didn’t last longer.. They just start with “Hi,” They say, “I wanted to talk with you.” “Do you know me?” Even if I know that person, I pretend I don’t. That’s so classic! The seeing-each-other period, it’s just something subtle between the two. It’s just different. Huh? Why do you say you don’t know that person? I should play hard to get first. I should show them that I am not an easy guy. That doesn’t make any sense! You learned that all wrong! That’s because I taught myself. Then what do you usually do before you start the exclusive relationship? We just meet, go for some food, go to a cafe, talk, Ask someone for a move, go for a movie, What’s really funny is, We text a lot when we see each other. But if we are in the same school, Then do you say hi to her or not at school? Almost no. So I just text them, I couldn’t say hi in person, So some relationships disappear like taht, And at night, when the other asks me “What are you doing? Why are you up?” Then the conversation will continue to the next day.. – Someone will keep starting the convo.
– Is that flirting? If I continue the talk, now that’s a thing. In my case, I asked her to meet at school. So I get her maybe a soda in the store, And after the movie, if we have more time, I ask “Shall we go for some video games?” So we go to a video arcade or PC cafe, And then I ask him out, Ask him out! It feels more comfortable to text with my friend But if I am trying to make it something special, I have to be more thoughtful of this person, When I get the Kakao message, there’s this “Ugh!” My body reacts. My body reacts. When the message arrives, my body reacts. I think that’s right. Oh, I want to be in that situation. The next is “asking out.” Tell me when you were asked out or you have asked someone out. I.. I have been in both situations Over Kakaotalk, I asked someone out.. And in person, too. In person.. It’s really hard to say it. You have to tell that to yourself like 20 times I told myself that 20 times, and then taking her home, And then I say that. What? Would you be my girlfriend? I am not a type who asks someone out first. I really worry about a lot of things. So I don’t ask someone out first, But I am open to being asked out. I have been asked out a lot in person. Over the phone, or in person. I got a photo message over Kakaotalk the other day, And when I saw it, He wrote on an A4 paper “Hwang Jieun, be my girlfriend” And held it in his teeth and took a selfie. I blocked him right away. She said “Hey” over Kakaotalk. I was like “Why?” and she just, She asked me “Did you date a lot?” I said, “I never had a date.” And then she said, “I never had a date either, but I want to.” “Can I date with you?” One kid I know, He did the “Swings pork cutlet” thing in the school festival. The “Would you like to go for a pork cutlet?” thing. – What’s that?
– “Do you like pork cutlet?” And then he gets the girl’s numbers. Does that work? He got one. – Did he?
– Yeah, he did. He’s a great guy. I thought she was joking, so I was like “Whatever,” And she just said “Okay, then I will be your date from today.” And then she changed her status, to “Dating.” I deleted her immediately. Where do you visit for the date? If my girlfriend likes to play video games, we start at the PC cafe. – You go there because you like games?
– No, no, no. I think I visit the movies the most. I love movies. That’s too much of information. It’s almost set. The date routine of high school students.. Cafes, movies, or each other’s house, But there are a lot of cafes. Room cafes, or board game cafes, there aren’t many other choices. Or tteokbokki place. Just walking? Walking? I walked a lot. – You just walked around?
– Yeah. Go for some good food, or because I like tteokbokki, we went to good tteokbokki places, And the Han River, too. There’s this. Looking for a pretty cafe. Ones that will be on the Instagram. Students do nothing special when dating. When is the time you date? In my case on school days I meet in the evening? After my after school class? We take a walk or go to a cafe Don’t you usually date till night? There is that atmosphere.. Why do you like the night atmosphere -so much!
-No, I mean everything happens at night. Don’t you know the midnight atmosphere? We used to be able to play after school when were in middle school but now that we are in high school and everybody has extra classes Usually we meet in the evening on weekdays Or have dates on weekends. How do you celebrate your anniversaries? We usually celebrate the daysarys like 50th and 100th, 200th, 300th. 100, 200, 300, 1 year. Have you celebrated your 22nd day? I have. Sorry. Usually we celebrate the 100th, 200th, 300th, first year, second year, 3rd year or each other’s birthdays. Oh but there is one thing. When it’s the 100th day since we are students. We give each other 100 won coins. And we are like “Hey this is our 100th day, so hand over 100 won~” It feels like we have to write a letter or give something expensive.. Well actually sincerity and the mind is what matters. In my case I got a cake for our 100th. – The girl? To you?
– Yeah. What about you? He is a guy like this! He gets a cake and shuts his mouth! – Yeah!
– I was busy that day. Um okay! – I was very busy.
-Yeah~ Yeah~ Yeah~ I think I gave flowers. That’s nice. Everybody thinks of it on anniversaries. I’ve never gotten flowers. So I gave flowers. The baby’s breath flowers. Physical contact. Some, and that physical contact stage during a relationship. Tell me honestly. This could be dangerous if I speak honestly. To tell the truth I think when we have something we can only hold hands or hug. Wouldn’t it be more serious once we start a relationship? That’s mostly the case. I think there are stages There was this guy I was introduced to, and we weren’t even in a relationship but he squeezed my hand in the cafe and said “Can I touch your arm?” It’s because your arm is chubby. When it’s a fling, mostly we don’t do any physical contact. Isn’t it the other way around? I don’t even hold hands for that? Don’t you usually play with your hands. Alright! I hate it too! Do you understand the hands? When we have something it’s that. There is that atmosphere. Oh so you can hold hands? If you like you can hold hands and when you don’t like you don’t have to. If you don’t want you don’t have to. I will hold hands. Alright. Holding hands is all we should do for that phase. At first I kissed my boyfriend’s hand and he said “Then do you want to be my girlfriend?” that’s how it all started. But after we started a relationship we kissed and – Ah I’m embarrassed!
– I’ll say it to here to here! Ah I feel shy! Where do you usually do physical contact? We usually hold hands in the streets but we have to kiss in somewhere people can’t see It’s embarassing. So in front of our house. I hope you get busted by your mom. Mostly in the movie theaters. Some of my friends go to room cafes – We don’t exactly choose a spot.
– Why do you choose a spot for it? Usually you do it in front of your house. That’s not setting it there it’s just the atmosphere in front of the house. One time there was one couple in our class And every time like self study hours They put their chairs together and acted all lovey dovey in the back of the room. Sex. I disagree entirely. But since I go to a high school for only boys we usually talk about it a lot. There are some friends who brag about it some of them care for their girlfriends. In my case.. It is our free will but I don’t really agree with it.. It feels like we’re leaping boundaries of being a teen. ‘Why does it have to be done from such a young age?’ There are times when I think ‘Do they want to feel like they are adults?’ If you don’t want to, it is right to say no and if you really love each other saving it for later is the right thing to do. You can do it when you become legal adults but why does it have to be done when we’re students.. Why are you mad? I just hope students wouldn’t do it. I honestly think it isn’t really bad for students to have sex. But I don’t think the sex education is suffice in Korea. This is kind of because of our lack of sex education. I haven’t really seen a school that does sex education. I haven’t had it in high school and if we have it the kids just listen entertained but it doesn’t really help. If you see Facebook or Instagram there are so many problems nowadays. There are articles about middle school kids having sex and being pregnant And those kids say it like it’s something to brag about. If I see those kind of occasions I always think that the sex education need s some room for improvement. I got to know how to take birth control pills by seeing Youtube I don’t think sex is a bad thing But I think sex without preparation and knowing well about it is immature. I wish they tell us about the appropriate contraceptive methods and teach us about a healthy sexual relationship Our sex education always needs improvements. I heard that in the playgrounds? They do it in the playgrounds also. Don’t. Why? Why? I mean do you have to.. It’s cold~ Breakup. Wait I’m in a realtionship but how can I talk about breaking up.. He broke up recently. It was very recent~ Tell them. I broke up with one guy 4 times it was all due to my caprice – So it’s your fault~
– I think I was too young. I feel sorry. I said let’s break up, sorry, it isn’t your fault. But she said alright. I said let’s breakup we cried a lot. -What? Were you filming a drama?
-And then crying I said let’s date again. I think I just tried to avoid the situation. I tried to become dumped than doing it myself. Some of my friends who date for 100~200 days, the guys cry and cling to them and they are like they will die without them. And there was this case where the girl let the guy kneel down. Is there any breakup negative effect? I didn’t have any. I don’t but there was someone who contacted me because of it. I think that saying is right. Guys don’t find it hard right away, but they feel it afterwards. Girls find it hard right away, but they don’t feel anything afterwards. It’s really true. And my friend told me that she said “If you want to date me again” “You have to know what you did wrong so come to my house bare footed” Right after breaking up you usually feel numb and it’s like ‘Yeah this could happen’ but after 1~2 weeks it just pops up in your mind. When you walk the streets where you used to walk together. You think ‘Oh I walked here with her.’ But that boyfriend really came bare footed. There was that time and also there was a time when the guy knelt down for 4 hours on a hot day for the girl. If you were emotionally attached the effect lasts long. Someone who usually never studies opens a book. Isn’t that a good thing? Is there any way to forget the pain of breaking up? The saying that time heals every wounds isn’t for nothing. There is a case when you meet someone else on purpose in order to not feel that emotion of breaking up. Right after breaking up they are like “Hey introduce me a girl” or “Introduce me a guy” But they say that you have to forget a person by meeting someone else, no.. Why? That could be possible. The pain of breaking up doesn’t just heal, it numbs and by numbing you grow up to be able to meet someone new. As time passes you just forget about it eventually! Everybody we wish you luck. Was there any douchebag behaviors you did? Like after breaking up saying “Oh that girl~” “She was short and wasn’t really pretty” That’s me.. I’m sorry but I have nothing. because of my ego, there was a time when I said mean things and hurtful things I thought that “I’m really mean”. When you break up that veil covering your eyes lifts and you see things more realistically. But you shouldn’t just blurt it out like that. What kind of relationship do you dream of when you become an adult? I want to try traveling. I want to ride a plane together and go far away and visit the famous Grand Canyon, Paris I think I will be just like I am right now. But I would have a car so I would go somewhere nicer farther away. I wouldn’t go to a PC room or something. I will go to another area with my boyfriend for one night and two days. It would be nice to be together all the time I’m preparing to go on a trip when I become an adult? I think I would be happy to just cuddle while sleeping. So this isn’t a dirty thought it’s just.. You’re having dirty thoughts all by yourself. I mean I think just hugging would make me happy. I want to be in a relationship with a broader human relationship. Not dating in a society we both are in I want to have a wider spectrum and meet new people and date freely. Since we become adults that could mean that we’re thinking of marriage. I want to get married quickly. I want to live alone and try a date indoors. I think a relaxed relationship is nice also. I want to try drinking alcohol together. Like in those alcohol carriages. Shouldn’t we stop from that moment when everything looks beautiful and handsome due to alcohol to find what really matters? We’re thinking of opening a youtube channel. I want to brag that this guy is my man but bragging on my social media just isn’t enough. So I want to post it on Youtube And I want to brag about dating him. You know there’s also a bank account where you gather money with your girlfriend together. Is that your dream? But what if you break up? 1/N. Accurately. You know you say let’s arm wrestle and hold hands. Hey but if that’s having something you had something with everyone in our class? – No.
– You arm wrestled with every girl in our class? That was without emotion. I just beat them easily.