(doorbell rings) (doorbell rings aggressively) (sobbing) (sobbing) (text tone) (Heidi)
It’s him. (Maia)
Really? He says he’s sorry. Heidi don’t– Heidi. You can’t do this to yourself. It’s seriously gonna make you feel so much worse. Shit. My phone’s dead, um, I– I need your charger. I’m not giving you my charger. He’s gonna get pissed! Okay. Well, let him get pissed. You need time …to heal you know? Look, I’ll turn my phone off too. It’s okay, it’s gonna be okay. How about we go on a drive? To where? Literally anywhere, I don’t know. I don’t know. I’ll buy you a vanilla cone. In the winter? For old time’s sake? (sighs) – Okay.
– Okay! But you have to leave your phone here. No, no, seriously. I– I can’t– Trust me. I do. Have some! I can’t finish it all. Ughh I can’t. I wish though. Why? Are you like lactose intolerant? Yes. Like, bad. For real? Yeah. Oh my gosh, I didn’t even… Do you feel bad now? Eating that in front of me. Yeah, I do! I guess it like, has been a while then since I’ve seen you. Yeah. Like two years… Thanks for taking me out tonight. Honestly, all you have to do is call me. Yeah I know. I know. So like why… haven’t you? I’ve just been busy. Busy? What? I have– I’ve been busy. Come on. We used to see each other everyday, you came to my cottage in the summers, we built a fort. We also did that, yeah. Yeah. Yeah, no, I guess I’ve just been preoccupied. Right… yeah. He was really jealous of you. Who? Travis? Why would he be jealous of me? I dunno. And he was the one to tell me that I couldn’t see you anymore… I’m sorry. I’m– Honestly, I was just so scared. I’m still scared, so… What are you scared of? Just my feelings for you. All this time? Yeah. And I had to keep my mind off of it because I had a boyfriend… you can’t feel those things when you have a boyfriend, so… Heidi… (sigh) You never have to be scared with me. Yeah but Travis would’ve– But Travis is gone. I don’t know, Maia. You’re fine. You’re safe. (muffled voices) But baby, why did you leave me? Come on– We broke up. What? We’re done. Travis, we’re not together. Why are you here? Why are– why are you with her? Why? You don’t… you don’t treat me right. You need to go. – You need to go.
– You know how good I am to you. Travis– You know how good I am to you, just come with me. No. I’m gonna change, come with me – You say this every time
– You don’t wanna be with her – You’re not gonna fucking change
– You don’t even know her! I’ve known her since I was a kid! Is this where you went– (shouting over each other) I’m not falling for this shit, okay? You need to go. I’m not your girlfriend. We’re not together. – What are you talking about?
– You need to leave. (door opens) Look who showed up. Get the fuck out. Why don’t you get the fuck away from my girlfriend? She’s not your girlfriend anymore! Baby you really don’t love me anymore? You treat me like shit. No one treats you better than I do. Hey get your hand off her! Or what? What are you gonna do? I’ll call the police. You’d never do that. Yeah, I would. Travis, go. You made the wrong decision. You’ll come back to me… I know you will. Get out! You’re safe now, okay? I won’t let him hurt you. Trust me. Yeah, I do.