ON HOLD IOANNA – Hello?
– Hi Irene. – What’s up?
– My mother called. She’s coming tomorrow. – What?
– She’ll be out tomorrow morning. – All of a sudden?
– I don’t know. I didn’t even know when she would be released. Did she tell you anything else? No. Only that she’s coming tomorrow. What do I do if she shoots up in here? Relax! Everything will be alright! – And what if it’s not?
– Don’t worry, love! Where did your cool head go? – You’re right. It’s just…
– Everything will be okay. – You think so?
– I think so. Okay… I’ll hang up, I have to tidy up. Don’t panic! – Bye.
– Kisses. Calm down. Did this have to happen? It would happen sometime, baby. Aren’t you happy you’ll see your mother? So what? Are we going to be a happy family? As if you didn’t know she’s been
in and out for 20 years. You’re right. It’s not
the end of the world though. Anyway she’ll be in jail again in no time. You’re a total prick! How do I know if
she’s done with drugs? Well, she’s your mother.
Don’t be so cruel. Manos, come on. Come here. Come! Will you come stay here for sometime? With your mother? With me. Okay. If you want it so much… Are you up already? I have to leave at nine. It’s only quarter to seven! Do you want me to come along? No, it’s fine. Or maybe, yes. Wake me up at eight. MARIOS – Hey Eleni!
– Hi Marios, how are you? – What’s up for tomorrow?
– I’ll tell you. Do you speak French? – Sure.
– You’ve done it again, right? Yes. Cool. Tomorrow you have
a palace tour with the king of Morocco. The princess may also come,
but it may be too hot for her! Okay! What time? We’ll meet at the office at nine. Okay. FRENCH PRIVATE PRIVATE PAVLOS I would also like to meet you. I’m glad you proposed it. TOMORROW AT FOUR AFTER SCHOOL, OKAY? OK! LET’S MEET AT THE SUBWAY STATION? OK! SEE YOU THERE! I HAVE TO GO NOW,
MY MOTHER COMES BACK SOON! ALRIGHT! WILL YOU
LOG BACK AGAIN LATER? I DON’T THINK SO. WE’LL SEE EACH
OTHER TOMORROW THOUGH, OKAY? I CAN’T WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW! IS YOUR SKYPE FIXED NOW?
CAN I SEE YOU BEFORE I GO? NOT REALLY, IT STILL BEHAVES WEIRD. OKAY SWEETIE, SEE YOU TOMORROW THEN. Okay… Lots of sweet kisses. COFFEE SHOPS IN KIPSELI 14-YEAR-OLD KIDS Hey Pavlos, you look good today! Today I’m in a good mood! It’s one fifty. – Thanks!
– Good day! TWO SOPHIAS Once upon a time,
there was a poor old man… …who brought wood
from the forest to make a living. While he was carrying wood one day… …he felt so tired and desperate… …that he started calling
Death to come and take him… …in order to rest forever. Death appeared at once… …and asked him what he wanted. The old man responded… …”nothing much, I just
couldn’t lift those logs… …and called you to help me carry them”. I don’t even remember all
the difficult times I’ve been through. However, I’m here, standing. It might be hard, but I’m standing. I’ve been waiting
for something in my whole life. When I was twenty,
I was waiting to turn thirty. When I turned thirty,
I was waiting to reach fourty. And when I reached fourty,
I couldn’t wait to become twenty again. I’ve reached ninety now… …and the only thing I’m waiting for… …is to rest once and for all. I’m waiting for Death to visit me… …and I’ll bring him in… …and the two of us will sit down… …we’ll eat together and talk… …and I’ll throw a curse at him… ..and then we’ll leave together. I have always been afraid of Death. That’s why I was always
surprised when he came. Now that I wait for him… …I think I’m not afraid anymore. DIRECTED AND PRODUCED BY
GEORGE TSIROGIANNIS WRITTEN BY
GEORGE TSIROGIANNIS AND DARIO ACEBALES WITH STEFANIA KRIEZI, GIORGOS NIKOPOULOS,
HARIS TRASANIS, ANDROMAHI POULIASI ALSO APPEARING
LAZAROS VASILEIOU, FOTINI DETZORTZI CINEMATOGRAPHY BY
PETROS ANTONIADIS PRODUCTION DESIGN BY
SOFIA LEGATOU PRODUCTION SOUND BY
DIMITRIS KANELLOPOULOS EDITED BY
GEORGE TSIROGIANNIS MUSIC BY
DEADFILE SOUND DESIGN BY
GIORGOS STYLIANOU SHOT ON LOCATION
IN ATHENS, GREECE IN MARCH 2014 COPYRIGHT 2014 GEORGE TSIROGIANNIS